Friday, February 5, 2016

Senior Network Services; a resource for navigating the Medicare Maze!

As I approach the magic age of Medicare, I have heard that navigating the process of deciding which " Medigap" insurance and Drug Plans is difficult and confusing.

I have many clients and peers, as well as parents of clients, who are faced with this challenge. Today, I went to visit with Pamela King, the director of services at Senior Network Services. In one hour, she covered the basics of what I would need to know.

Besides filling me in on the importance of registering in a timely manner, she told me about the importance of being sure your doctor is part of a group which accepts
" original Medicare", that you can renegotiate your Medigap plan during your birthday month annually and that you MUST investigate your perscription drug coverage and review it annually. Pamela told me that last year, her organization saved Santa Cruz County residents over $400,000 in drug costs alone!

Our visit was thorough and enjoyable. I highly recommend the services of Senior Network Services!

No comments:

Post a Comment